BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 25 Binary Object

vfrontiers
Enthusiast

Sorry... Old dog Duane can't figure this newfangled forum out... was very straight forward before...

Anyway, I have no idea how to post this in an appropriate topic, so ....

Is it possible to save BINARY objects anymore?  I have several lots where I've done house on in the same neighborhood.  I am starting another and want to see the others as context.

I have no intention of using modules as it will be a layer / attribute nightmare... so I just wanted to save the built ones as objects... Which I can do just fine...

But, knowing there will be material issues, I was hoping to save them as BINARY but no longer see that option...

Let me know of any way to achieve this...

Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
3 REPLIES 3
Podolsky
Ace

You can do that. First save your object - Archicad by default placing all object to Embedded library. After open the new object in library part editor (File/Libraries and Objects/Open Object...) and use Save As command. When you navigate to save the object to the disk (let say to the Desktop), Archicad will show you an option to save it in binary format.

runxel
Legend

This option is indeed no longer available. Got killed in 25.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
vfrontiers
Enthusiast

well that figures!

Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!