BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Array fails to update

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yo all! Long time no post.

back again fiddling around with GDL and banging my head again.

I have made a nice simple tube object based on an array, each row of witch contains defining information: tube/or elbow/ extrusion, sweep, etc etc.
All hotspotted and nice and editable (handrails, grab-rails, rebar and hydraulics here I come!).

Except my code for adding and deleting segments does not work fully and its driving me crazy.

I have a flag in the array, position 5, if a particular hotspot is dragged beyond a threshold ahead of the segment, the flag is set to 2, behind the segment, 1. These are then used to run a "add segment" or a "delete segment" routine where the array is shuffled around, a default piece added or and existing segment deleted.

I am doing all of this checking and shuffling of the array in the Master script. While editing the object in 3d I can see the geometry update correctly, but I let go of the mouse button and it all goes back to the original geometry - like the array failed to update.
WHY??? Oh Why....?

The only way I can add or delete sections at the moment is by going into the information pallet and setting the flags in the array there. Then it sticks and the geometry updates fine.

Hoping someone else has slayed this very same dragon before.
gsm file atatched for poking at (and if you find it of use, have at it!)

A

Using Archicad 19
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well there Seneca that's a nice piece of code work.
Much more advanced than what I'm trying to achieve but clearly you understand how to capture user changes and update an array (if that's what you are using).

So do you have more to add than your youtube link?
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.
You can always use this code and expand it to your needs. It is a bit dated but still works. The example by SenecaDesign is based on this (unless I'm wrong).

The version with arcs is done but not out yet, but further ahead on the thread you can find another option by mariosmic (3DMD). Check them out.

Best regards.
sinceV6 wrote:
Hi.
You can always use this code and expand it to your needs. It is a bit dated but still works. The example by SenecaDesign is based on this (unless I'm wrong).

The version with arcs is done but not out yet, but further ahead on the thread you can find another option by mariosmic (3DMD). Check them out.

Best regards.
You are correct. I posted the object a while back but don't have the means to link to it. If someone else has it they can post it.
sinceV6
Advocate
SenecaDesignLLC wrote:
You are correct. I posted the object a while back but don't have the means to link to it. If someone else has it they can post it.
I may have it somewhere...
Learn and get certified!