BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Cavity closure display issues

Gary Hudson Jeffrey
Participant
I am using a traditional cavity closure for a window in an external cavity wall. This displays fine in my detail plan with my composite cut wall fill (cavity wall construction) using the fill display controls in MVO.

However, when I select override cut fills (with a solid foreground) in MVO to give a clean solid fill (for a planning drawing), the cavity closure still displays.

Can anyone suggest how this can be avoided
ArchiCAD 64 20 Solo
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3770K
16GB RAM
2GB Nvidia Quadro K2000D
HP Designjet 510 24” colour printer
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Gary,

Change the pen of the cavity closer fill to match the pen of the wall fills.

Hope that helps!
Gary Hudson Jeffrey
Participant
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reply - this undoubtedly works, however it's a pity there isn't a way of highlighting the cavity closer a different colour than the wall composite cut fill (unless anyone can suggest a way??).
Meanwhile I will go with your advice Peter.

Many thanks.
ArchiCAD 64 20 Solo
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3770K
16GB RAM
2GB Nvidia Quadro K2000D
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply - this undoubtedly works, however it's a pity there isn't a way of highlighting the cavity closer a different colour than the wall composite cut fill (unless anyone can suggest a way??)
You could use a different pen set for the planning drawings with the closer fill pen the same colour as the wall fill pen. For the construction drawings use a pen set where the two pen colours are different.
Gary Hudson Jeffrey
Participant
Why didn't I think of that?
Many thanks
ArchiCAD 64 20 Solo
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Intel Quad Core i7 3770K
16GB RAM
2GB Nvidia Quadro K2000D
Learn and get certified!