Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Changing default pen/line type for objects

Yvonne
Advocate

Is there an efficient way to adjust all the default pen/line types for objects within a template? 

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

Do you mean objects already placed in a template?

Just select all objects at once and adjust the settings.

You may need to select just 'like' objects.

i.e. all doors, all windows, all similar objects (cabinets for example), as they will all have different settings.
Note this will not affect future objects unless you copy (pipette) their settings before placing a new object.

If you mean you want to change the settings of the default library objects then there is something called ... LP_XMLConverter.exe

I have never mastered the use of this so I can't tell you a lot about it other than I believe it can manipulate many library objects at once.

This will mean you are then going to have to save a 'custom' library that you will now use instead of the default Archicad library.

And when ever there is a new version of the default Archicad library, you will have to do the conversion again.

You are actually better off amending your template lines, fills, pens, etc., to use the default settings of the default library, if you will be using it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Barry Kelly

Do you mean objects already placed in a template?

Just select all objects at once and adjust the settings.

You may need to select just 'like' objects.

i.e. all doors, all windows, all similar objects (cabinets for example), as they will all have different settings.
Note this will not affect future objects unless you copy (pipette) their settings before placing a new object.

If you mean you want to change the settings of the default library objects then there is something called ... LP_XMLConverter.exe

I have never mastered the use of this so I can't tell you a lot about it other than I believe it can manipulate many library objects at once.

This will mean you are then going to have to save a 'custom' library that you will now use instead of the default Archicad library.

And when ever there is a new version of the default Archicad library, you will have to do the conversion again.

You are actually better off amending your template lines, fills, pens, etc., to use the default settings of the default library, if you will be using it.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thanks Barry. I think you're right.. need to spend some time just updating everything in the template file. 

AC26 | Win11 | 64 bit | 32Gb RAM | Intel i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz

Alternatively, You could just create a Graphic Override rule that targets all objects and turns the pen color to whatever you want. 

Graphic Overrides will override the entire object - all pens will be the same colour, all lines the same line style.

You can not just override the red lines in an object to make them blue, leaving the green lines as they are - they will become blue as well.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27