Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Collumns stacks multipul storeys when using Design-Grid-System

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am following the AC essential training guides NT 2-2, to create Grid System with Columns,
but finally show columns at multipul storeys, stack overlap each other, which is different from the expected result as per the training (which should have been a single piece of coulumn straight accross all storeys)
Please advise why,
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Maybe the problem is that in the Columns Settings Dialog, you have your Columns set to "Not Linked".
Try to set the Columns' to Top Linked as well, with an "Offset" value of zero for both top and bottom links.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, Nagy,
Yes I have set the column setting as not linked 0-0, but still same problem (not a single columne but many stack on each other)
Thanks
Lingwisyer
Guru
You have your columns set to a 10.5m height resulting in the overlaps... I assume Laszlo was suggesting that you change your column height to have a one story top reference with a zero offset.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Lazio and Ling, but the out put effect still not the same as what should be expected if follow the tutorial process (which should have been one single columne through all storey),
BTW, when set 0-0, I think the length of column should be calculated automatically as per storey height...
Regards