BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom windows in general

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

I'm contacting with you because apparently if you don't have a maintenance contract, Abvent doesn't allow us to ask questions...
we have a couple of licenses at the office, archicad 22 included.
So the question concerns some serious challenge that we are facing at the office with a complex design.
I need to create some custom windows (curved dual sliding) and also some with 2 rails but 3 panels (sliding fixed sliding)
I sincerely hope that anyone in Graphisoft team can help with this one.
I leave you two images of the building itself .

Hope to hear from you soon,
Thanks in advance,
Bruno Ramos Ferraz

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vtlhio6aczplzdc/C_SERVITUDE.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1c0l9pwtuu8kkdi/C_VUE_LAC.jpg?dl=0
5 REPLIES 5
Hello,

Did you try this ?

And modify it by GDL script...
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Lingwisyer
Guru
Even if you contacted your reseller, they probably would not help you with this...

Christophes suggestion of modifying the default Curved Window sounds like a good start, but like many of the other door and window objects, it is not a simple object and is rather complicated to modify. If you have the scripting knowledge, it might be easier to extract the WallLogic macro used in the Curved Window object then build your own window from that.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much Christophe!
In fact this was the way how we have done it, but its not accurate for 1:50 detailing.
For starters it isn't a sliding window, so we can't use it otherwise we have a bad detail.
Thanks anyway.

All the best
Bruno
Christophe wrote:
Hello,

Did you try this ?

And modify it by GDL script...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much for your answer but actually I'am a designer and I don't see myself scripting to design. at least for now...
Thanks anyway.
Best regards
Bruno
Lingwisyer wrote:
Even if you contacted your reseller, they probably would not help you with this...

Christophes suggestion of modifying the default Curved Window sounds like a good start, but like many of the other door and window objects, it is not a simple object and is rather complicated to modify. If you have the scripting knowledge, it might be easier to extract the WallLogic macro used in the Curved Window object then build your own window from that.

Ling.
I talk about using this windows 2D script to generate your own GDL window
but you can use this windows about your model and add patch in 2D to generate a dynamic and right drawing

You had to create a selection zone before to be able to create a Patch (Rustine in French )
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Learn and get certified!