BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

DDGI Library Review Anyone?

toman311
Enthusiast
There are companies which makes different objects for ArchiCAD. I'm needing a cabinet library since I don't like ArchiCAD's stock library. CADimage is one company, but they charge around $30 a month. That is just to high and doesn't make business sense for me. Plus, I don't like CADimages library. There is a programming error in the software. There is another place called DDGI, but I can't trial their software. Has anybody tried it and do they like it?
I am needing to adjust the spacing between the cabinet doors and drawers and be able to do custom panel dimensions for the types of styles of the cabinets and drawers.
I guess I'll also e-mail the company.
Here is the link to the website below.
http://www.ddgi.com
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
9 REPLIES 9
Ive been meaning to write my own cabinets. send me some specs of what you want to start with and ill start coding them. might be a week or two before complete, but they will be free to all. not an instant solution but obviously the most cost smart solutions 😉
toman311
Enthusiast
Okay.

-The main thing is that the cabinets are parametric.
-The drawers and cabinets edges should also be parametric.
-My office typically uses three types of cabinet doors (flat slab, raised panel, &
shaker style with a bead)
-These edges, or also known as the cabinet and drawer stile and rail, need
to be parametric
-The site and rails should be adjustable between the cabinets and drawers and should be able to be removed when needed.
-The toe kick should be able to be removed when needed.

My office uses custom cabinets, so the build of the cabinet varies depending on its location in a room and with the style chosen. For the most part though, my office uses a typical stile and rail widths for all projects. The drawers we use sometimes have larger stiles than rails on the drawer face which is why they need to be parametric. The cabinet door stile and rail is typically the same.

Let me know if you need more information!
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
I've tried just about every cabinet out there. (Except SenecaDesignLLC's, of course.) The DDGI cabinets are certainly better than the standard GS ones. However, they haven't been touched in a couple of years, and some bugs in them. I don't know if they are going to be maintained into the future. No way to adjust stile and rail dimensions.

You might also try David M. Sanders' library found here:http://www.dmsdesign.us/links.htm Better than GS's, but still some issues, like no way to show door swings, and door frames are not adjustable. Still, for the price (free), not bad. I'd put them somewhere between GS's and the DDGI ones.

However, you won't get the ability to adjust stiles and rails. The Cadimage ones are probably the best right now, with infinite adjustability, as well as ability to show dashed door swings and shelves in elevation views. I don't find the problems you've mentioned with the library. The interface is a little quirky by US standards, so it takes awhile to figure out. $30 bucks/month isn't that expensive especially as you get another tool with it; you can start and stop subscriptions anytime. Why not give it a free month's trial?

However, nobody has a beaded door. You are probably looking at using Chief Architect for that, or doing a custom door panel.

Not to take away from Seneca's offer. If he can get you what you want, it's very generous!
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Could you post a pic of the shaker style with a bead? I have the rest done, unless you want the top and bottom drawer rails, as well as the left and right drawer stiles to be independent from each other. right now i just have them split top and bottom. I have yet to add any inner glass to the panels.
I have now added Glass and grids to the framed panels for both doors and drawers.

Ill get the 2d and corner cabinets done tomorrow. Then you can use them and let me know what else you need for them to be fesable.
Backporting the cabinets to v16 then ill post a link in a new thread.
Posted the cabinets with where i have them

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=263005#263005
Anonymous
Not applicable
Will have to give this one a try. Thanks Seneca
First I used cadimage which is great but expensive. Have been using this lately, which is good but the UI is tricky. http://cadswift.com.au/products/Swift-Joinery.html
hfs55 wrote:
Will have to give this one a try. Thanks Seneca
First I used cadimage which is great but expensive. Have been using this lately, which is good but the UI is tricky. http://cadswift.com.au/products/Swift-Joinery.html
They are nothing fancy, but are pretty customizable. cabinet by cabinet. the more input i get the better i can make them
Learn and get certified!