BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Different Slab Sections on Same Level

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a little confused when modeling slabs.

I basically have one precast concrete roof between the ground floor and the first floor. The first floor only covers half of the ground floor.

This means I need two types of slabs; one where there is flooring and insulation (b) and one where there is just roof membrane and insulation (a).

Do I make two different slabs here?

..or, do I make one single slab for the concrete and then add different slabs on top of this for the a section and the b section?

If this had been a wall, I would have made a different wall or each, but do I do the same when it comes to slabs?;)

9_name_006.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
I always try to model it as they would build it, so I would have a slab for the structural concrete and other slabs for the finishes and insulation
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
sboydturner wrote:
I always try to model it as they would build it, so I would have a slab for the structural concrete and other slabs for the finishes and insulation
Scott
Ok, but first question, how do I get a view of the entire construction of the composite slab between the ground floor and the first floor?

If they are separate slabs, I can't see a way to view it in the same view so that I can present the slab structure to a third party or just review it myself.
Anonymous
Not applicable
You need to create two different slabs,
the problem as I see is to make wall sit on continuous concrete slab
while finishing materials of slabs differ on either side of the wall.
For that you should set higher priority of your concrete material then it is of the wall's in Building Materials.
Lingwisyer
Guru
You'll want one of your composite slabs to be running through the wall. As long as the slab itself is classified as one of the default concretes, it should clip the wall unless the wall is set as structural brick or something like that. By default, the concrete structure composition option clips everything except for structural brick and basic metals. If you're not using the default structure composition options, you'll need to do what gnanava has said and check the priorities of those that you have created.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!