BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Elevator library part

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm a newbie to AC from Vectorworks. I was wondering how to create or use the elevator part so that its door breaks my wall like other window and doors. I don't want to use the wall option. By the way great job on the forum . I did not join architalk bcos of the enourmous amount of mail it generates.

Ola
G5 Powermac 1.6ghz,1.25Gb, OSX 10.2.8
Titanium PB g4 1Ghz,1Gb
AC 8.0
6 REPLIES 6
Aussie John
Newcomer
I think there are two ways
1) modify the object with a fill and frame lines to blank out the section of wall in plan.
2) create a door object that has the elevator as part of that door. ( you can "call" the elevator part)

Your door doesnt have to be exclusively a door.

If you havent done any GDL scripting you might find it a small challenge at first
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Karl Ottenstein
Ola wrote:
I'm a newbie to AC from Vectorworks. I was wondering how to create or use the elevator part so that its door breaks my wall like other window and doors. I don't want to use the wall option. By the way great job on the forum . I did not join architalk bcos of the enourmous amount of mail it generates.
I try to build it as it is...the elevator would not be embedded in the wall: it is not a door - but floats some small distance away from it. The doors of the elevator cab connect with the doors on any one floor to open and close in unison ... but the doors on the floor are not part of the elevator. I've not used the library part, but have built my own elevator cab with walls and slabs to match manufacturer specs, then used a 'real' door to create the opening in the wall. Elevator 01 in the library corresponds to this usage.

Elevator 02 in the library, which I haven't used, appears to be an intelligent library part that create the entire shaft and door openings for a multistory building. Given the way the part is represented, it would appear to be intended to have walls butt to either side of it, as it includes all shaft walls and face doors...if 'Show Wall' is turned on.

These comments are for the 8.0 library parts.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Aussie John
Newcomer
Karl wrote:
I try to build it as it is...the elevator would not be embedded in the wall: it is not a door - but floats some small distance away from it. Karl
There is no reason the lift car cannot be part of a door - even floating some distance from the doors. As such it IS linked to the wall.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Karl Ottenstein
Aussie wrote:
Karl wrote:
I try to build it as it is...the elevator would not be embedded in the wall: it is not a door - but floats some small distance away from it. Karl
There is no reason the lift car cannot be part of a door - even floating some distance from the doors. As such it IS linked to the wall.
Hi John,

You're right, of course.

My limited experience so far has been that there is one elevator cab and several landings. Each landing has doors, but not necessarily a cab. Sure, the cab could be turned on and off in the GDL object such as you propose, but then one might accidentally have two cabs in the same shaft in a sectional view. Keeping the two concepts independent helps avoid errors. Just one way of doing it.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone for your input. I just added the elevator doors object which breaks the wall and used a simple floating library part separately.
GSHQfadmin
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
test
Learn and get certified!