BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL + psets

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to add psets to your gdl object? How?
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
What is a pset?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Barry, Pset are groups under which IFC properties are grouped. If you go to the Dialog of most construction element types and click the Manage IFC Properties button in the Tags and Categories panel, in the opening Dialog you will see IFC properties grouped under those Psets.

Omar, I suppose you wish to create custom IFC Properties for GDL Objects available through the Object Tool.
Just select the GDL Object you wish to assign custom IFC Properties to. Go to its Dialog and click the Manage IFC Properties button in the Tags and Categories panel. In the appearing Dialog, click the New Property/Classification button.
Then in the next Dialog you can define a name for a new Pset under which to group your custom IFC property, plus the name of your IFC Property, plus a few more settings. Please check the HelpCenter for details on this Dialog:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/interoperability/file-handli...

Just one more note: the Add new property to Scheme Setup at the selected level of the model hierarchy checkbox can be useful since using that you can make your newly created IFC Property part of the IFC Scheme Setup, which means that if you for example add this new IFC Property to the IfcElement level of the IFC hierarchy, then every element type under the IFCElement level in the IFC heararchy (which I think is most element types in AC) will inherint this custom IFC Property and it will be available in their Settings Dialog for use. Check the IFC Scheme Setup Dialog help for more details:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/interoperability/file-handli...
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you laszlonagy.
I am actually wondering if it is possible to add it to the gdl object, so that the next one that uses the object have the same pset that i made?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post some info of what you would like to see in an IFC file as a result of adding these parameters to GDL?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!