Parametric design
About Rhino & Grasshopper and PARAM-O.
SOLVED!

Grasshopper-Archicad connection not connecting?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am totally new to try this feature, so I am using Archicad 23 EDU, and Rhino 6. I have installed the connection plugin, and the 'archicad' tab on grasshopper is already shown up. Then I did a test by making a slab in Archicad, and in GH I put the Slab parameter capsule, and right click on it and click something called 'extract/select a single from archicad'. Then the window of GH and Rhino were minimized only for a couple seconds, and then it went back again to the GH window, and nothing happened. Seems like I cannot extract or I think the connection is not working. Can somebody help me please? Thank you!
26 REPLIES 26

Hi Jorge.

Hi Marius

I have the same problem on M1 Max. 

Have you solved this issue?

MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/

Hi! @Mario Sacco @ArkMW 
some anonymous help coming from GS local support send me this: 

If you have a brand new mac, and install Rhino 7 only, there was a bug in the GHAC that refers to the wrong Plist file.

To solve the issue, we need to navigate to

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/

then rename the PLIST: "com.mcneel.rhinoceros.7.plist"
to: "com.mcneel.rhinoceros.plist"

Please note that the Library folder inside userhome is a hidden folder. You can follow this guide to access it:
https://www.lifewire.com/os-x-is-hiding-your-library-folder-2260833

hope this can help! 

Jorge Benéitez

M.arch | Registered Architect | ARB
BIM Implementation | Graphisoft Registered Consultant.

It works!

Thanks a lot!

Marius

It works.

Both in AC24 and AC25. I just tested only few components.

Thank you @jorgebeneitez 

MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/

Great!! Glad it helped 

Jorge Benéitez

M.arch | Registered Architect | ARB
BIM Implementation | Graphisoft Registered Consultant.

Amazing! Thanks @jorgebeneitez  for your answer! I tested it and seems to work for me! Great! I was quite disappointed with Archicad support/ Graphisoft, which was saying to wait for an eventual update with AC26... Quite nice that it can be solved very easily! 😄

Thanks! It works for me!!!

Ruy.

Thanks for the support Jorge but in my case doesn't work, rename the file avoiding the ".7" but still no objects showing neither in AC or Rhino, besides when renaming the preferences file, a new com.mcneel.rhinoceros.7.plist file get created in same place just when closing Rhino or starting Rhino no matter what, there's always the 2 files, the one with the ".7" and the renamed without it.

Do you know any other solution please?

Regards.

I forgot to mention, I'm in AC25-3011, Rhino 7 and MBP M1 max..

Is there a way to avoid creating the com.mcneel.rhinoceros.7.plist file automatically each time I close or start the app? maybe that can solve it I think.

I've been having this problem and as you say, starting Rhino Grasshopper creates a new...7.plist file. Will have to try complete uninstall reinstall for both AC25 and Rhino 7.

Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1