BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Labels

Darcie
Participant

Hi everyone, 

I am currently working on a package of drawings where the same label goes on multiple plans/drawings. I would like to set up the labels so that when I change one, the other plans will change too. Any suggestions on the best way to do this would be much appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

6 REPLIES 6
BrunoH
Expert

Try to be a little bit more precise on what you want to achieve (maybe some images). You'r talking about plans/drawings shall the label be placed on plan vues in the model  or on drawings on MP ?

What kind of informations shall it display ? .....

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Hi Bruno, 

Thanks for your quick reply. 

The labels are for building regulations so they include info for wall build-ups etc.  I would like the labels placed on the layouts.

For example,  I have a label for eg. a partition wall that will be required on both the GF and FF plans. I have placed the label on the GF layout and FF layout. Is it possible to connect them so that when I change one, the other automatically changes too? I think this would save time in the long run if for example, the wall finish changed later down the line - I could just change the label once instead of going through each layout and changing each label individually.

I hope that made more sense

Place the label on a worksheet then create a vue of this worksheet that you place as a drawing on all MP that you want. Modifying the label on the worksheet will cause all all placed drawings of it to update.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Thanks, Bruno! What do you mean by create a vue of the worksheet and what are you referring to when you say MP? Sorry relatively new to the archicad world. 

Sorry MP is a french abbreviation for layout. Create a vue is the normal way to place a drawing, from the model or a worksheet, on a layout.

ArchiCad 3.43 to 26
MacOS Monterey

Thank you Bruno! 

Learn and get certified!