Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Mesh Scale

Anonymous
Not applicable
NEW _ _ Somehow, without knowing what I did, now the printouts are showing the mesh at the size I like!
Was it in the print size adjustment? I am happy except now if it goes back to tiny mesh, I wont know what I did!

Original---
I am a retired CAD guy!
However, I have some forensic work to do from my CAD 16 days!
I am having difficulty with the scale of all the mesh in some ArchiCAD 16 drawings.
When I open the original 2008 drawing with CAD 16 using windows7, the mesh look great, both in the sections and on the Layout. (Windows 10 won't work.)
I created the study in an new CAD16 drawing.
However, when attempting to incorporate some sections into a new CAD16 drawing, the scale is so small, the mesh looks solid.

While poking around, I noticed a scale of 263% on the drawings which looked normal, while the scale defaulted on the new CAD16 to 100% +/- making it look solid.
Now I cant find that window, and when I do I'd like to have all the mesh texture to scale up rather than just one at a time

After 4 hours of poking around and attempting to locate the rule to change I thought I'd reach out!
This brings back wonderful memories of the "old days" and i know it is simple when you know what to do.
Please help me. Thank you! Peter B

BTW, I did update to ArchiCAD 16 from 11 in the way back days, and I saved my Widows 7 machine! Both will go away after I complete this study.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Peter wrote:
While poking around, I noticed a scale of 263% on the drawings which looked normal, while the scale defaulted on the new CAD16 to 100% +/- making it look solid.
Are you confusing scale with screen zoom factor?

No matter what the scale is set to, you are still actually modelling at 1:1.
The scale just affects the size of your model o the printed page and the size/position relation of annotation to the model.
You can set the scale to whatever value you want and the scale is saved with the views you create in the view map.

The zoom factor will change as you zoom in and out of the screen - usually with your mouse scroll wheel or +/-.
The zoom factor will have not effect on the output of you model - just affects what you see on the screen.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Berry, but I am not sure how to ask the question. When I add a a footing and use a VECTORIAL FILL, the density of the pattern makes it look solid, or almost.
How can I change the scale of the VECTORIAL FILLS? Something changed causing the fill scale to be too small to mean Concrete, or Wood, or anything. Is there a default some where?
Barry Kelly
Fills have 2 scale options when you create them.
'Scale With Plan' means the hatch will always measure the same distance regardless of the scale.
Ideal for showing hatches like brick where you want the true size of the brick represented.

'Scale Independent' will mean the hatch will always print at the same size regardless of the scale.
So if you create a 50mm hatch when the scale is 1:100 (as in attached image), then it will measure 50mm when the scale is 1:100.
But double the scale to 1:200 and it will now measure 100mm and will print the same size on paper no matter what scale you set.
Not good if you are trying to represent the true scale with the hatch pattern.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11