BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

OPEN database crashes

Richard Swann
Booster
Can anyone offer an explanation or solution to this Masterscript in a label object I am attempting to write:

ch1=OPEN ("PROP", "gnrl", "'AC_9_NT_KEY.txt', 'AC_9_NT_COMP.txt', 'AC_9_NT_DESC.txt', 'AC_9_NT_UNIT.txt'")
N=INPUT (ch1, "COMP, 002, 818", "QUANTITY", varcomp)
CLOSE ch1

This appeared straightforward from the GDL online help files, but crashes out of ArchiCAD every time when saved, sometimes even editing the script crashes AC. I have tried in a clean 'New and reset' file loading only the ArchiCAD 9 Library and my new object. I have checked in the AC_9 database that the property file exists, I feel I must be missing something obvious?
Any help gratefully accepted, I have a long way to go..

OK noone wants to jump in, can I make my question simpler: Does anyone have a working script to open and extract data from a global component or similar?

Richard Swann
Richard Swann
Mac OS X 10.11.4 , 27" Imac 4k ArchiCAD 4.5-20
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try moving it into the 2D or 3D to see if it works. A while back I had some trouble with text files, still don't fully understand them, the problems went away when I took the script out of the master script.
Richard Swann
Booster
Julia wrote:
Try moving it into the 2D or 3D to see if it works. A while back I had some trouble with text files, still don't fully understand them, the problems went away when I took the script out of the master script.
Thanks for the suggestion. I had already tried that, but crashes just the same. I have just about got the hang of text files, I thought ArchiCADs own databases would be a doddle.

Still surprised noone on this forum has a working script for it ? Would anyone try my script to see if it crashes their computer??
Richard Swann
Mac OS X 10.11.4 , 27" Imac 4k ArchiCAD 4.5-20
Learn and get certified!