BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Objects turning invisible

Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue occurs when i place a hotlink of an apartment into a building, when a few objects/furnitures have disappeard. what could be the problem behind this?

thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
I'll ask the obvious - is it layers?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Two objects (from different hotlinks), same layer, one of them are missing. I select one hotlink I can see that the object should be there but disappears as soon as I escape the selection.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would guess: Renovation Filters.

Each View in your project (even schedules) stores Renovation Filter setting — Existing/Demolish/New.

Example: if your current model view is set to "Existing", but a few objects in your imported module are set to "New Construction" — those objects will disappear with, seemingly, no warning (as they really should with current, at times unintended, view's renovation filter settings).

However,
Mattias wrote:
I select one hotlink I can see that the object should be there but disappears as soon as I escape the selection.
This sounds odd, as objects missing due to renovation filter issues will not show up within a module upon selection.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem solved! It was as easy as the display order of the object was set under the floor.. feeling kind of stupid! thanks anyway guys!
Learn and get certified!