Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Rail object

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to move the rail posts directly in my viewport so that i can adjust their position?
i am trying to create a really simple rail.
just a handrail and a few posts.
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Can you post a screenshot or a sketch or an image of exactly what you would like to achieve?
Could you also show how far you got in achieving the goal? Then we could just show what to do.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Lingwisyer
Guru
The only posts you can manually adjust are the ones at the nodes. So you could increase your segment length to greater than your possible posts distance, then just ignore the Inner Post options.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
LaszloNagy wrote:
Can you post a screenshot or a sketch or an image of exactly what you would like to achieve?
Could you also show how far you got in achieving the goal? Then we could just show what to do.
this is an example of a rail i am trying to adjust.
i wanted to move the inner posts independently
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lingwisyer wrote:
The only posts you can manually adjust are the ones at the nodes. So you could increase your segment length to greater than your possible posts distance, then just ignore the Inner Post options.
could you provide an example, because i cant figure out exactly how you would do that
Lingwisyer
Guru
With a Static Railing just add new nodes where ever you want a post. Increasing the Segment Length is just so that you do not get any automatic Inner Posts.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660