BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Renovation Filter Hotlink Layout Options

Lingwisyer
Guru
Hi all,

Is there a way to set an individual Hotlink to a Renovation Filter? I was hoping to use the Renovation Filters to show different layouts of rooms which are each Hotlinks. It would appear though that the option to isolate an entity to a single Renovation Filter is in the Cassification and Properties settings which I cannot modify per instance of a Hotlink.

eg. I have a Type A in Spot 1 a Type B Spot 2, and as an alternative I want a Type A in both Spot 1 and Spot 2.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You would have to set the elements in the hotlink to the renovation filter, but I'm not sure if you can keep them pinned after the hotlink is placed.

As a workaround you can have master layers for the modules (Mod Type A, Mod Type B, etc). If you make layercombinations to show and hide them, it is pretty much the same result. Make sure you give the hidden master layers an intersection group number not used by anything else, so the hidden option types are not interferring with your model.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks like another job for the proposed "Property Filter View Option".

You can find references here: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=67171#p298819

and here: https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=67272
Lingwisyer
Guru
Erwin wrote:
You would have to set the elements in the hotlink to the renovation filter, but I'm not sure if you can keep them pinned after the hotlink is placed.

This would prevent only select instances of that hotlink being hidden...
Erwin wrote:
As a workaround you can have master layers for the modules (Mod Type A, Mod Type B, etc). If you make layercombinations to show and hide them, it is pretty much the same result. Make sure you give the hidden master layers an intersection group number not used by anything else, so the hidden option types are not interferring with your model.

While this is another way of doing design options, it does not work for me as the my options are not in the top layer Hotlink and as far as I know, the Master Layer is only relevant to the top layer. Master Layers within a hotlink do not take affect within a host.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You'd have to try it, but as far as I could tell I see no reason for it not to work with nested modules (hiding), however you are correct that the entire module ends up on the intersection group of the 'top' module in the nested set.

Still, with published modules and layer combinations, it shouldn't take too long to make a set of option modules in the 'top' tier (so one for each option). Set up a workspace for the module that you can separate out from the rest of the model (like a separate story or PLN) for each option and just publish those.

Again, it's not ideal, but would end up working for the situation.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!