BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Reverse Magic Wand?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know if there is a reverse magic wand function?

Let me explain a bit more. I have been busy building a terrain mesh of a golf course (pictured below) and other settings in order to create a render environment for some of my projects. I have the basic terrain done as a “master” mesh but now comes the time to add things like mulched areas (black area in the picture below) and different ground conditions. I can use the magic wand to create a hole in the “master” mesh, no problem, but when I go to fill it in with the mulch is comes in a flat surface and all the nodes are gone (as expected). What I am trying to determine is if there is a way to create a duplicate mesh to the terrain, change the surface material and the “cut-out” the opposite part that was cut out from the “master” mesh.

This example has the hole cut out of the grass mesh with a secondary mulch mesh a couple of inches below. This issue with this is the number of polygons is doubled and there are a couple of spots where the mulch is poking through where it isn’t supposed to.

2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Instead of cutting holes in your Mesh, you could instead use an Intersect SOE followed by a Subtraction SOE of a thick Slab or Mesh that outlines your mulch and such if it all matches your ground contours. This will also allow for adjustments in the future.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you, that worked perfectly! I knew there had to be a simple solution.
Learn and get certified!