BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

SEOs and Macros: Broken Again?

It seems that an object containing macros cannot function as an operator in a solid element operation of the Upwards or Downwards extrusion types.

Addition, intersection, subtraction all work.

Even non-macro shapes won't cut if a macro call is taking place anywhere in the script.

I have a rake board object. It consists of a moulding (a macro) and optional fascia and soffit boards (another macro). I don't recall when it stopped working, but there was a time when I could place this object along the edge of a roof and use a downward extrusion SEO to carve out space for the rake. (was) So cool.

I revised the object to build the boards without the macro call. Still wouldn't work.

If you set the moulding type to 'none' the macro call for the moulding gets skipped, and the SEO works.

Anyone getting different results?
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
1 REPLY 1
jamesm wrote:
It seems that an object containing macros cannot function as an operator in a solid element operation of the Upwards or Downwards extrusion types.
If it worked before, it may be an oddity of AC8.1 and should be reported to GS. I will try to check it out too.
Could make a useful snippet for the Cookbook.
Learn and get certified!