BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Sloped walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to slope the top of a wall, so for example in section, the top right corner will be lower then the top left. (not a leaning wall)

PS Ive now got my archicad8 as so many of you people were emphasising an upgrade was due from 7. Ive got the solids to import from ADT, will it be any different now i have got archicad 8?
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
BryanRichards wrote:
Is it possible to slope the top of a wall, so for example in section, the top right corner will be lower then the top left.
You'll have to use a roof to create the slope : either use "cut by roof" method or "Solid element operation" method
Djordje
Ace
BryanRichards wrote:
Is it possible to slope the top of a wall, so for example in section, the top right corner will be lower then the top left. (not a leaning wall)
As Geoffroy said, use the roof to cut the excess off, or now SEO - be sure to place the operators on dedicated layers so it can be turned off, and make it Wireframe in order to see properly what are you doing.
PS Ive now got my archicad8 as so many of you people were emphasising an upgrade was due from 7. Ive got the solids to import from ADT, will it be any different now i have got archicad 8?
No such luck, I'm afraid ...

What kind of solids?

Did you try making them in 8?

Did you download demos of GDL Toolbox and ArchiForma (http://www.cigraph-store.com)?

Post a picture of the solids you need. Search the Primitives in the standard library. Think around the corner! That is THE single most important skill you need when using ArchiCAD!

IMHE,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, ill emphasise again im a beginner at archicad, taking me a while to get into it..

Ive constructed 4 simple walls creating an enclosure. Inside of the 4 walls i have a sloped roof that potentially cuts right into the outer perimeter of the wall all around. What tool do i use to get rid of the excess wall above the roof point? where is this cut to roof option?

Next problem, once i can do that im only one step closer to where i want to be. I cannot create my roof in Archicad, even from the solid obects from the library. If i was to make my roof as a solid from ATD then import, which is possible, can i cut the walls to the imported library roof?

section:
roof __
roof---> / | <--wall
wall---> | | <--wall

if this comes out, that would be a simplified section however the gradient much smaller ... around 25 degrees
Djordje
Ace
BryanRichards wrote:
Ive constructed 4 simple walls creating an enclosure. Inside of the 4 walls i have a sloped roof that potentially cuts right into the outer perimeter of the wall all around. What tool do i use to get rid of the excess wall above the roof point? where is this cut to roof option?
Select the wall(s) that you want to cut, and the roof plane. Right click, look for Trim to roof.

1. The roof outline has to cover the wall(s)
2. The wall(s) have to be higher than the roof

Do this in 3D window, much easier and more obvious.
Next problem, once i can do that im only one step closer to where i want to be. I cannot create my roof in Archicad, even from the solid obects from the library. If i was to make my roof as a solid from ATD then import, which is possible, can i cut the walls to the imported library roof?
You should, using the SEO; what is the roof like?

Do this in 3D window, much easier and more obvious.

Can you post a screenshot/image of the roof you cannot create? Are you using the roof tool?

Curious (still have to find a roof that cannot be created),
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
lol ill import a sketch concept drawing of the building to give you an idea on its shape. Im still working on how its to be constructed . Im feeling pretty incompitent at the minute. how do you insert an image [.img]what do i write here? the path of the picture? e.g. c:\mydocs\etc? [ / img]
Anonymous
Not applicable
lol ill import a sketch concept drawing of the building to give you an idea on its shape. Im still working on how its to be constructed . Im feeling pretty incompitent at the minute. how do you insert an image
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks for the trim tool. Easy when you know how..
Anonymous
Not applicable
how do y ou import a picture into the forum reply text box? The picture is saved in m documents
Djordje
Ace
BryanRichards wrote:
how do y ou import a picture into the forum reply text box? The picture is saved in m documents
Reply to this mpost. In the bottom, there is an attachment field, Browse, Attach ...

Djordje

HP Omen
Learn and get certified!