BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Solid Element Operations, Bounding Box

Anonymous
Not applicable
To be able to determine what a solid element operation does, won't I need to know what the bounding box of an object is?

Like this example; the dishwasher is hollow when door is opened. Is the bounding box outside or inside this hollow hole?

I'm not sure I understand how I can cut a hole is this cabinet to get the dishwasher in there. Right now the cabinet door is covering the open hole in the dishwasher
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
You could just use a slab with the height of your oven and depth of your oven plus a little extra as an operator in a Subtraction. The extra is a projection from the face of your cabinet for QoL. In regards to the size, there are standard fitting sizes which you should be able to get from your desired manufacturer / supplier.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
The SEO won't use the bounding box of the dishwasher object.
It will use the 3D elements that make up the dishwasher.
If it is hollow on the inside then only the dishwasher walls take part in the SEO.

If you have scripted the dishwasher, then there is a trick to add a solid inside that will only be used in SEO - basically an invisible prism inside that will take part in the SEO.

Otherwise you will have to use a separate slab in a hidden layer to cut the hole in the cabinet.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!