BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Surface texture changed colours?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recently swapped to a different work computer and when reopening my file, one surface (Textile - Curtain 21) had changed colours from white to blue.

It is purely a stock ArchiCAD texture and I haven't changed anything in the surface menu. I even tried to delete and bring in a fresh version from the library but it is still blue. It seems the texture file itself for open GL has changed to blue, the cinerender preview seems to be white still, but I only need to just show a 3D view and am not rendering in this project.

What is wrong here? I just want it to be white again haha

Ive attached an image of what it looks like and the surface menu.
8 REPLIES 8
Barry Kelly
I would be guessing that someone has edited the texture on the second computer.
Track down the 'Curtain White-opt GS.png' file on both computers and have a look at them in an image viewer/editor.
I would be guessing that one has been 'photoshopped' so it is blue.

The Cinerender surface is probably fine as it is probably not using that same png file for the texture.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I would be guessing that someone has edited the texture on the second computer.
Track down the 'Curtain White-opt GS.png' file on both computers and have a look at them in an image viewer/editor.
I would be guessing that one has been 'photoshopped' so it is blue.

The Cinerender surface is probably fine as it is probably not using that same png file for the texture.

Barry.
I considered that but this is a completely fresh install of ArchiCAD as of today.
Pretty much the main reason I'm so confused as to why its blue when its just completely stock.

I tried updating the library also and that didn't seem to fix the issue either.

Im struggling to find the .png file. Im not used to using a Mac haha. I went to the ArchiCAD folder and into the library but im not too sure how to find the original file. Is there a folder somewhere or is it all contained in the .lcf file and if so how do I view individual files from the .lcf file?
Barry Kelly
They aren't in the object library, they are in the surface catalogue.
This will be a Library Container File (LCF) that you will have to extract to get to the individual files.

If it has not been extracted already then I doubt it would have been edited - especially if it is a fresh install.

I am now wondering if maybe a texture has been saved in the embedded library and maybe that is being used?

If you change that texture shown in you image for another one - is that tinted blue as well?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
I am now wondering if maybe a texture has been saved in the embedded library and maybe that is being used?

If you change that texture shown in you image for another one - is that tinted blue as well?
I checked and the other two files related to the same curtain texture (I think bump and something else) were all blue tinted, however other textures if I kept going through them all seemed fine.
Barry Kelly
The 'b' file is for bump maps I believe.

The 'ca' file I think is the same file but just a different size to the 'opt' (optional?) file.

So when you go to load a new texture file, are they blue in the preview there as well?
If they are blue but other files are not then I would say that something is wrong with that texture file - why I don't know.

Maybe copy the surface catalogue file from the machine that is OK to you new machine and then re-load the library in Archicad.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
So when you go to load a new texture file, are they blue in the preview there as well?
If they are blue but other files are not then I would say that something is wrong with that texture file - why I don't know.

Maybe copy the surface catalogue file from the machine that is OK to you new machine and then re-load the library in Archicad.
The files are blue yeah

Not too sure what happened but yeah I will try getting the library from the other machine.

Thanks
Barry Kelly
If only just a few of the texture files are blue then swapping the LCF file should fix it I would think.
But if all of the texture files are blue (no matter which one you pick), I would say there is something else going on and swapping the file probably won't help.

What the problem is then I couldn't say.
Maybe a video card/driver issue - but then why does it affect just the curtains and not the cabinets in your image?

Are all job files on your machine the same or is it just this one?
If just that one file and it is opened on another machine is OK?

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
If only just a few of the texture files are blue then swapping the LCF file should fix it I would think.
But if all of the texture files are blue (no matter which one you pick), I would say there is something else going on and swapping the file probably won't help.

What the problem is then I couldn't say.
Maybe a video card/driver issue - but then why does it affect just the curtains and not the cabinets in your image?

Are all job files on your machine the same or is it just this one?
If just that one file and it is opened on another machine is OK?
I realised my response before was a bit vague. It was just the curtain textures and no others I could see were changed in colour.

Ill maybe try copying the library from the previous computer.

The job was started on the last one so maybe it has something to do with that but at the same time I don't think the textures had been touched and I just selected the surface from stock.
Learn and get certified!