BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

WELD SYMBOL / ANNOTATION

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reviewing old posts it seems that there was once an easy weld annotation object as part of the AC 9 library (in a sub library called NCS detailer) which had simple pull-down style choices for the weld elements (like the sizes in the wood member detailer or the shape and size in the steel sections) and though we are mostly not structural engineers using Archicad (except of course Riverstone Structural Concepts and others of their progressive and brilliant ilk) - we all do often have to detail welds for sunshades and railings and so on.

It would be wonderful to have a modern version of this old library part brought back into play!
3 REPLIES 3
Erich
Contributor
This one might help you out. It has some quirks that I have been too busy to deal with but if you can get around them (mostly to do with scaling) then it should work fine. Just place both the .gsm and the images in a loaded library.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
THANK you SO much - this is PERFECT for our needs!
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
This welding object is awesome! I started one years ago, but never got near this pretty!

I'd like to look at the GDL to see if it could be made to scale automatically. Shouldn't be too hard, just a few MUL2 commands. Let me know if someone's already done this.

Kudos to the author, great interface!
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions