Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

World Coordinate Point

Jackcowdrey
Contributor
Hi all,

I am trying to add a world coordinate point in my model, to reference in some survey plans. I am using Archicad 22.

I am trying to place in the object 'World Coordinate Dimensions'. Once I select the object then click in the model it creates a point with the associated world coordinates. However, what I want to do is the reverse: enter the world coordinates to give me a point. Can anyone please tell me how to do this? I can't figure it out for the life of me!

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Hello Jackcowdrey,

You can input these coordinates here :
Option/Project Préférences/Location Settings
To understand how it works :
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/127874/
IFC BIM model include geodesic coordinates.
To export these geodesic coordinates into an IFC model you have to check your IFC translator before.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Jackcowdrey
Contributor
Thank you for your response however changing the project location is not what I meant.

I already have the project location set up, what I want to do is create a new point in the model by entering in the world coordinates. Surely there must be a simple way to do this?!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is a curious issue because when I check the Object, I can see that there are fields for this among the settings but they are grayed:

I think these are the fields that you are looking for. And I suppose the way it should work is you set the coordinates here and no matter where you click, the Object is placed at the specified coordinates.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Laci,

Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention!

We have investigated the object and concluded that those disabled parameters were a bug. We registered it as DEF-4677. I hope that it won't be a difficult one to fix.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

njal
Newcomer

Hi

Use Coordinate Dimension 16 in order to place the object based on Lat/Lng.

njal_1-1663103572169.png