Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

hotlinking

Anonymous
Not applicable
is there a resource, tutorial or something that will explain how to actually do a hotlink? i'm not sure i even understand what it is. there doesn't seem to be anything in the wiki and there is nothing at all in the tutorials that came with 14
wb
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
wb,

1) Hotlink help in the help file under >contents >collaboration >hotlink modules.
2) Archicad Collaboration Training Guide - Part 2 (download from GS site)

It's easier than it seems. Don't worry, just plug your way through.
The only trick is to start with the Hotlink Manager NOT Place Hotlink.

Snap
PS Please modify your profile to include a signature with your AC and OS versions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Snap,
i'm in the process of downloading it now. a couple of questions though. 1. if i understand this whole thing correctly, i want to hotlink my house model with my site plan so that i can draw and print the floor plans square to the page, while the site plan will be oriented north up. (meaning my house will be at whatever angle it is on the site which most of the time is not square to the page) is that so? 2. which do i hotlink to which? link house to site or site to house?
wb
MMontgomery
Enthusiast
Have you considered keeping the house plan and site plan in the same plan?

You can set project north in:
Options > Project Preferences >Levels and Project North
Turn the compassy thingy

This way you still work straight with plan north being in any direction.

There is also 'Oriented View' allowing you to work on two different project grids so one could be set parallel to the house, the other parallel to project north, should you need to. Look it up in Help while your looking up hotlinking.
AC 6-27 - Intel i9-9900K - RTX3090 - Windows 11 - 64GB RAM