Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

offset via control bar

Peter Bennison
Contributor
Can't understand what has happened to the offset command in the relative mode section of the control bar, that I always used to draw elements at a variable offset to another element ? It used to be that on clicking at end point you would get a ghost line showing an offset, enter an offset distance and it was done ! No longer it seems. This apparent change is classed as an aid to productivity in the French help document ?? Don't think so.
Archicad 21 FR MacBook 2.5 Ghz Intel Core i7 16Mo RAM MacOS Sierra
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Peter,

IF you desire the return of the numbers that follow the cursor, then >Options >Work Environment >Tracker and Coordinate Input >Appearance "Show tracker always", will turn that feature back on. Then proceed as before, hit the tab to jump into the tracker and input your desired distance.

OR if you want to both offset and relative input say to a halfway distance to anther element... first select your element to offset, right click for pet palette, chose offset, BUT don't offset yet, then go to control box, select the relative input (with the T shape and dotted points - I don't know the official name for this one), draw the relative vector and pick the point you desire, and ecco fatto. (Yeah, I can't spell in Italian either).

Did I answer anything you asked? ...

Snap
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Peter wrote:
It used to be that on clicking at end point you would get a ghost line showing an offset, enter an offset distance and it was done !
That's odd. The ghost line is a hard-wired feature of ArchiCAD. In AC14 all the Relative Construction Methods should also be accompanied by the relevant icon as you edit. Are you seeing those?

And don't forget the (new-in-AC14) offset pet palette option for all (non-singular) elements as shown below (for a wall edge). You can use ctrl and ctrl+alt to make multiple offsets on the fly.

Cheers,
Link.