BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Automate publisher tasks?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,

I'm looking into a Windows program that can trigger automatic publishing from Archicad solo and teamwork.

Can it be done at all from a technical point of view?

This is what I’m referring to: https://www.rtvtools.com/rtv-xporter-pro/

Best,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
Tibor Lorantfy
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Mats,

You can use the APIDo_PublishID function in your Add-On to publish an existing publisher set.
It's possible to start Archicad from command line and pass the project as a parameter to open it. After Archicad was started and the project was opened you can automatically execute a publishing from your Add-On if you do that as a result of an APINotify_AllInputFinished event.

I recommend you to check the new Python API. Unfortunately publishing is currently not available via Python, but we hope soon it will be.
runxel
Legend
Tibor wrote:
I recommend you to check the new Python API. Unfortunately publishing is currently not available via Python, but we hope soon it will be.
Oh yessss, please! That would be great.
(Weren't we promised new Python API features with every update of 24?....)
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Tibor wrote:
Hi Mats,

You can use the APIDo_PublishID function in your Add-On to publish an existing publisher set.
It's possible to start Archicad from command line and pass the project as a parameter to open it. After Archicad was started and the project was opened you can automatically execute a publishing from your Add-On if you do that as a result of an APINotify_AllInputFinished event.

! good new, good news !
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!