Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Custom element settings panels

Anonymous
Not applicable
While working with panel test example, i've got trouble.
Infobox with custom panel works, but:
1) defaults for the element are not changed while using eyedropper
2) when I add menu in my addon, customm panel is dissapearing when calling this menu
P.S. Hey, grahisoft wizards, there are all header files for VBElemDialog?!

Are there anya ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Skywalker wrote:
...there are all header files for VBElemDialog?!
I hope I understand your question, but the header files for VBElemDialog are in the API Dev Kit at Support/Modules/VBElemDialogs.

However, the fundamental problem with this module is that there is no documentation for it yet. If you run into problems (which is likely without guidlelines) you will be stuck. My advice is to steer clear of undocumented APIs.
Skywalker wrote:
While working with panel test example, i've got trouble. Infobox with custom panel works, but:
1) defaults for the element are not changed while using eyedropper
This works OK for me.
Skywalker wrote:
2) when I add menu in my addon, customm panel is dissapearing when calling this menu
Yes, I've seen the same. I don't know if this is a bug in the example code or a flaw in the API. As I said above, documentation may be the key to the problem - without it, there is no way to know for certain. This problem completely disables the Wall tool settings dialog and the Materials dialog, and often crashes ArchiCAD too.
I'm wasn't keen to explore this issue further until GS fully supported these modules in the API.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
1) It's my bug
2) I mean that not all header files mentioned in those headers are present (example: "WindowTypes.hpp" )