BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Archicad C++ API
About Archicad add-on development using the C++ API.

Development in C# anyone?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone given this a try yet?

I've read the 'Non Visual C++ Development' document several times now. I figured I'd at least see what happens. It shouldn't be hard in C# to use the ACAP_DLL.apx or to implement the initialization and termination functions, but I'm wondering if I'd have to reimplement all of the header files and methods for getting function addresses....

If anyone has tried and had success or knows it won't work without a large investment of time, can you share some insight?
2 REPLIES 2
Akos Somorjai
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Ramblin wrote:
Has anyone given this a try yet?

I've read the 'Non Visual C++ Development' document several times now. I figured I'd at least see what happens. It shouldn't be hard in C# to use the ACAP_DLL.apx or to implement the initialization and termination functions, but I'm wondering if I'd have to reimplement all of the header files and methods for getting function addresses....

If anyone has tried and had success or knows it won't work without a large investment of time, can you share some insight?
I don't know anyone who has ever tried that. Take a look at the DLL_Test example in the DevKit, that moight point you to the right direction. I think the biggest problem is not with functions (the API interface is simple C), rather than with the data structures.

HTH,

Akos
Oleg
Expert
I experimented with this a little bit, but in an other direction.
I wanted use C# ( or any NET language ) assemblies from an usual Addon
for implementing some project's tasks in C#. ( I did not think of use C#
for writing an Addon and call API functions from it ).
The It Just Works technology allows to mix a managed and unmanaged
code in C++ and accordingly use C# assemblies from the C++ AddOn.
Actually it may work, but perhaps it make sense for big and specific projects and unfortunately it is impossible to use Windows.Forms.
Learn and get certified!