GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL: GLOB_CUTPLANES_INFO[3] broken

DGSketcher
Legend

I have been doubting my sanity for months on this one, but finally found solid evidence using a standard OOTB AC Rafter object that GLOB_CUTPLANES_INFO[3] is broken. In an object, when setting the Show Projection : To Floor Plan Range option, anything more than one story down using the projected view will result in the floor plan displaying less than the expected range. The attached PLN file shows the problem.

I appreciate we can use the Absolute value as a lower range workaround, but we should also be able to rely on the Show Down To option as a fundamental system setting.

@Peter Baksa 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
11 REPLIES 11
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Please add the idea to the wishes forum for broader visibility.

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
DGSketcher
Legend

@Peter Baksa As requested this has been added to the Wishlist. Although, I do feel this requires a degree of urgency to overcome the current frustrations of GLOB_CUTPLANES_INFO and it would help correct some of the problems in the existing GS library, particularly sloping objects.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/GDL-REQUEST-quot-Floor-Plan-Cut-Plane-quot/m-p/3785...

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)