GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

GDL: Object placement point reset

DGSketcher
Legend

I am in the process of upgrading a Legacy project with updated objects. Due to the history of some of the projects it isn't possible to apply a Forward Migration script. What I am doing is select each object in turn in the model and in the Object Selection Settings use opt-cmd-clk to "inject" the old parameters. This is working as expected. The frustration is some of the placed legacy objects have changed their placement hotspot in the 2D preview and the updated objects move placing their origin at the previous placement hotspot. This would be easy to resolve in the 2D preview if the objects weren't so large the hotspots merge or I could zoom in to change the placement point.

I would like to know...

Is there is a way to reset the placement hotspot to the object origin in a placed object?

or counter the displacement caused by mismatched placement points?

or prevent selection of anything other than the origin point in the 2D Preview?

If I use GLOB_PREVIEW_MODE to hide all but the origin point in the 2D Preview would that force a placement point reset without displacing the original object?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend

Without trying if it helps: The first hotspot, that is defined in a script (!) becomes the insertion point, not the origin.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

Thanks. I didn't know that, probably because I always build my objects from 0,0 & place a Hotspot for it. 

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!