BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Linetype name

DGSketcher
Legend
Does anyone know how to extract the Linetype name of a 2D line with REQUEST or otherwise for a Label? I seem to be able to drill down into most elements to get Linetype information, but there doesn't seem to be a direct connection to 2D linetypes. This may be further frustrated that labels will not associate with lines.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
4 REPLIES 4
runxel
Legend
In general it's
n = REQUEST ("Name_of_line_type", index, name)
But I think you can't query the used lines from the labeled element.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks, I found that but I can't see a query option that would work with drawn 2D lines. I am trying to develop a suggestion by Peter Baksa that we can use the Linetype name to display associated values in a label. On plan you can use the Morph line but you can't use Morphs in a Detail window, which is where I need to place the label.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
DGSketcher wrote:
Thanks, I found that but I can't see a query option that would work with drawn 2D lines. I am trying to develop a suggestion by Peter Baksa that we can use the Linetype name to display associated values in a label. On plan you can use the Morph line but you can't use Morphs in a Detail window, which is where I need to place the label.
It was a bad idea, I didn't think about lines can't be labelled associatively.
Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest
DGSketcher
Legend
Thanks for clarifying Peter. There is another one for the wish list....
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!