I would like Oleg to be able to stay (and for a few others to join), and I sympathize with Fabrizio's comments!
We will have to wait for a GSHQ response, and perhaps I should write offline in case our friends there are not reading this forum yet. But, I think the active 3rd party developers
be informed of the future AC plans now, prior to alpha or beta testing.
Let's see how this plays out ... hopefully the requirements and specifications, when ready, can be available with a non-disclosure agreement. Tom, Djordje and I (as well as the GS team) could describe some of the plans as we see that they may relate to API development.
The 3rd party developers are a valuable asset to Graphisoft and enhance the appeal of the product by providing additional functionality. Partnering along with forward-looking plans allows 3rd parties to not just update existing plug-ins for 10 and later versions, but to provide
solutions in a timely manner after the release date (and release of final API).
By having 3rd parties participate here, presented with knowlege of Nautilus, wishes can be made for API functionality to support
future plug-ins (or
proper functionality of old ones in the new work environment
), thus helping the development department to prioritize what is included in the API and to schedule their workload.
This provides gratitude, respect and opportunity to the 3rd parties who have helped to build the AC customer base, and provides valuable feedback and direction to GS product development and marketing.
Of course, if resources were unlimited, the API would provide symmetric access to every feature in AC and to all standard plug-ins and we would not need this discussion. But, we live in reality! 😉
So, please stay, Fabrizio and Oleg, until we sort this out. (In fact, you can't really leave anyway! ... the forum-master would have to remove you.)
One of the forum moderators • AC 26 USA and earlier • macOS Ventura 13.2.1, iMac Pro 10-Core, Radeon Pro Vega 64