Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Adding layout to closed issues

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

Is it possible to add a layout to a closed issue that is not the most previous one? We are using the revision object to show all the revisions regardless if there are changes on it or not.

Ideally we'd be adding all the layouts to to each issue as we go along, but we're still learning and mistakes happen.

Any solutions or workarounds?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Please excuse my ignorance as I don't use issues or revision systems in my plans.
But do you really need to add new layouts to old issues?
That issue is done and closed - it is what it is.
Wouldn't you just create a new issue with the correct layouts?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The revision object would be missing any 'issues' on layouts that were not added at the time. The latest set of plans would be inconsistent between pages.

I realize this is by design, but it doesn't really leave any room for error
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Our list of drawings doesn't get more complex than showing the date for issues. Rather than going through the 'pain' of what you describe, we've set up auto-text fields in the Layout Info Scheme. You can set these per layout and show them in the automatic Index. It also frees you of the date format used by ArchiCAD and of having it set to the system date of the issue.

We still use issues (handy for publishing), but if somehow someone forgot to add something and it just needs to show correct date, we can just make a seperate issue for that (or a whole new one with all proper drawings added), without mucking up our list of drawings.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry for the late reply

Erwin, would you be able to clarify with an image what you mean? Not too sure what your point there was. We're using a custom field inside the issue scheme settings for the date to avoid the system date issue.

In terms of the field info themselves, I've discovered you can force an unlock on those items and edit the information on closed issues at any stage. It's a shame we can do the same for layouts as well .
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Instead of putting everything in the Issue Scheme, we have put most fields in the Layout Info Scheme.

If you view Layout Book in navigator and right click the top of the folder (Book Settings) you can set up the Layout Info Scheme at the bottom.

This allows you to setup those scheme fields for each individual layout, meaning if you forgot to add a layout and already finished publishing an issue, you can still fill out any info for that layout and that can be added to Index of the Layouts.

Of course, you don't have to set things up one layout at a time. Our workflow is to set up the Issue (add all layouts), then filter the Layout Book by 'current issue', select all the layouts and then setup the fields.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5