BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

C4D surface loading on MAC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am not abble to load C4D materials to catalogue in Surface materials. Just error window with message "cannot open c4d file" appears. When I tried the same files on Windows everything went properly. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Thanks for help.

M.
4 REPLIES 4
C4D files do not import their materials in a really meaningful way.

Graphisoft have a specification and map them into the library as .gsm parts.

Until we see the spec, and I've been asking in several different places for this, it will be a challenge to expand the ArchiCAD CineRender Surface Collection from the abundance of C4D textures out there.

Still working on this.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
AC18 has the feature to directly override the current Surface with a surface material from a C4D file directly - Surface Settings > CineRender settings > Match Settings popup > Load C4D Settings. Then select a C4D file.

If you are receiving an error from this, it may be due to the version of the file? Which version of C4D was the file created in? Can you check with another version and does it occur with all your C4D files?
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Anonymous
Not applicable
In fact it really doesnt matter how the C4D works for this case.

Thanks for responses. I can not try any other other of C4D format for now. Hopefully in future. But, I've tried it on Windows and it worked there. So I think there would be a problem in incompatibility with MAC OS X.

How any experiences with Cinema and MAC?

THX

M.
Anonymous
Not applicable
As a MAC user I was wondering if you could send a known good C4D file? I just tried to do the import suggested and after selecting the C4d file that I downloaded a dialog pops up asking for me to select a material but either there is a problem with the file I downloaded or there is no material within the file, or this just is not working on a MAC.

Any help is much appreciated!

TIM
Learn and get certified!