Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Changing Keyboard Shortcuts

JCCARLOS91
Enthusiast

Hi,

We have one mac machine but we want to change the keyboard to a windows keyboard. Is possible to change the archicad keys to windows settings?

Might be an easy solve that I just can't seem to figure out. 

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019
6 REPLIES 6
Lingwisyer
Guru

Example of what you are trying to change?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

For example, the use of the "command" vs "ctrl". Actually, it's mainly that. 

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019
Lingwisyer
Guru

That is a modifier key defined by the OS. I do not believe you can change that. Do not see why you might change it as they are equivilent as far as I know... Are you using a Windows VM on a MacOS system and it is not interpreting the key stroke?

You could remap it to a different key, but that is just moving the keys around...

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/mac-help/mchlp1011/mac

Ling.

"Are you using a Windows VM on a MacOS system and it is not interpreting the key stroke?"

Yes. This is the situation right now. But anyway, really appreciate the response. we might just resolve sticking with the mac keyboard and let our new architect adjust to the world of mac. 

John Carlos
AC25 | iMac 2019
notary1234
Newcomer

Have you been able to solve your problem yet? I'm currently trying to convert my keyboard as well.

http://www.notarywilsonnc.com
Lingwisyer
Guru

You are probably better off contacting the developer of whichever VMware you are using.