Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Cinema 4D Rendering simply stops

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've run into an issue with Cinema 4D rendering. Instead of building a preview of a 3D ArchiCAD window it stops after a few seconds returning a black screen. Same thing for when I ask it to render the entire 3D window.

I have plenty of RAM and a fast iMac.....

Anyone else run into this? The only thing that seems to work is quitting ArchiCAD and restarting it...which is a pain in the rear especially if you happen to have a mechanical hard drive vs. an all-solid state memory pack.

Phil Allsopp

ArchiCAD 18
OS X 10.10.1
iMac 27"
Intel 3.4GHz Core i7
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here!

If I select an object, wall or slab it renders fine but as I try to render the hole scene it goes black after preparing. It never starts to calculate.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Is this true for all your files or just a particular one(s)?

Do the problem files generate any errors? (turn error reporting on).
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just the one and there are no errors!

I'm in contact with GS on this topic.
http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=47272
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar issue recently with a slab. Though a process of elimination I found a surface that I had manipulated that was causing the issue.

Perhaps check the surfaces? That's all I've got for now mate.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Michael wrote:
I had a similar issue recently with a slab. Though a process of elimination I found a surface that I had manipulated that was causing the issue.

Perhaps check the surfaces? That's all I've got for now mate.
Could you elaborate on this? I'm having the same issue after changing some surfaces. I've tried reverting them back to where they started and I can't seem to get it working again.

Is there a particular aspect of the surfaces I should be focusing on?

Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
A ram low speed maybe an issue in regards couple with a dense vegetation landscape can stop the rendering.