BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Creating Wall Sections with break lines ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to create a wall section in archicad to place on sheet layout. What is the proper way or method in which you would create one. Furthermore, if the wall section were to big to fit on the layout sheet, how would one break up the view using break lines to make it fit the desired sheet at the required scale. when responding please keep in mind I am new.

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Johnny:

Just place the view of the wall section twice (or place it once and drag a copy), then use the pet palette edit edge option to make each view just a portion of the entire wall section. You can then draw break lines on the layout at the matching edges of the two views.

If you are using ArchiCAD 11, you can place the layout as a trace reference behind the wall section to see how it fits before placing the wall section in the layout.

HTH

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Stress Co_
Advisor
And for a easier way to draw those breaklines.....Check the Depository for James Murray's Cutline object.

It's in: 01 General>Graphic Symbols

START HERE
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Learn and get certified!