BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Detail Text Rotation in Layout Book

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear community,

I am currently stuck with, what should be a simple problem. Below you will find two pictures, the first is how the text of the detail tool appears in my regular plan view, the second picture shows that the text is rotated when I go to my layout book/print sheet of that drawing. This is because the complete drawing has been rotated a few degrees to make it appear better on paper. Question is how can I keep the text of the detail horizontal in my layout/print sheets?

Thanks in advance!

Milan,
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah! Forgot to answer...
Milan15 wrote:
Is this the one you mean (see picture)?
No. I meant this one:

And forget my Quick Option Pallet mention... You can't define rotation there... Just in the View bottom bar. (See the image)
Then save the View with the uncheck "ignore zoom and rotation".
LucaP
Enthusiast
Braza wrote:
Ah! Forgot to answer...
Milan15 wrote:
Is this the one you mean (see picture)?
No. I meant this one:

And forget my Quick Option Pallet mention... You can't define rotation there... Just in the View bottom bar. (See the image)
Then save the View with the uncheck "ignore zoom and rotation".

You are correct the Quick Options Bar is the place to go (I still can't remember correct naming for workspace elements - I've edited my previous post since it could be misleading)
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thanks everyone, this seems to work!

Just one important question though, by rotating my view this way, does it also rotate my model or merely the view itself? It is important that the model is still at the right angle because of sun studies, renders, etc....
LucaP
Enthusiast
It only rotates the viewpoint. Your model origin point and base axes can't be changed no matter how hard you try. You can only override both of them temporarily.
Łukasz Pietraszko
ArchiCAD 26 PL, since AC20 | WIN 10 Home
Intel Core i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz | 16 GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB | 500 GB SSD
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks! I got it now. Even after years of intensive work in AC you sometimes find out that you missed out on some basics of AC like the things you just mentioned
Learn and get certified!