BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimension Bug?? when plotting

kevin b
Contributor
We have a few teamwork files now, where objects are dimensioned and the dimensions change when plotting. In one case a simple symbol object is dimensioned to the center but when plotted it dimensions to a corner. When the file is reopened to fix the problem, it shows dimensioned to the corner. So you fix it, plot and it moves back to the corner. In another case we have a door with a sidelight, with a dimension from a wall to the door opening to the other side of the sidelight frame. In the layout book, the dimension string changes before your eyes when updating sometimes to a single dimension from the wall to the far side, sometimes back to the correct string, even though in the plan, the string remains correct.

And it seems random, not all dimension strings, but it seems like once it does it it will continue repeating. These are the only two I have found but who knows how many it is happening to as double checking the dimension strings the fourth or fifth time through a check set is not a priority when you know you checked them the first time.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram
6 REPLIES 6
Thomas Holm
Booster
Mysterious.
- Do the numbers also change (to reflect the changed position) or do they just move?
- Does this happen when you Print as well?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
kevin b
Contributor
Yes the numbers change to accurately show where the lines have moved too. And it is consistent, the change is to the same place everytime. And it happens both printing and plotting.

In an attempt at troubleshooting, I've tried to force it to do it, but of course can't seem to make it recreate the problem when I am trying to see what the cause is. The only consistent thing is that its happening in Teamwork files. I can't nail this one down but I would also say that it only seems to pop up when plotting/printing multiple pages (all selected) from the layout book, but I've tried all the combinations I can think of as far as S/R changes, updating or not before printing, which page is visible when I plot, etc. and I can't find the trigger.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Erich
Contributor
Just a shot in the dark but is there any chance it could be related to this problem?

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=16202&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=dimensi...

There seem to be some similarities, but you don't say if the project is in 10 or 11 and I see you have both.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
kevin b
Contributor
Sorry in 11 and the text has not been customized
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Thomas Holm
Booster
Another shot in the dark: If your project was moved to AC 11 from AC10 1183, thus you never installed 1187 and thus you might have migrated a corrupt dimensions database like described above (in the linked thread)? In any case, please report the bug to GS/your reseller.

Also, check that all your teamworked users have upgraded to the latest (and same) release (it's not in your signature)
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kevin, are you using interactive schedules with "custom text" or "user-defined" parameter fields in the schedules? And further, are you (or your team) adding custom information in those fields in the schedule itself rather than in the user-defined parameters of the object's "parameters for listing?"

I would also be interested to know if your teamworked project originated in AC10. If it was, I have bad news: Once the dimension database (in 10) gets corrupted, it stays corrupted. Forever. Which means that if the project began in 10 and migrated to 11, your dimension database is still corrupted and might be causing this problem.

Gergely Kmethy told me that the latest hotfix GS produced for AC10 solved that schedule-screwing-up-the-dimensions thing, but I wouldn't know because we happened to begin a new project in 11 and left the old project in 10.

He also said that GS reconfigured how the database works in 11 versus 10, so that problem shouldn't happen anymore. I guess your post makes me a little skeptical....
Learn and get certified!