BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Dimensions and Publishing

Too Long
Enthusiast

Why do the dimensions publish like this when they looks like this?

Screenshot 2022-09-14 072133.png

AC26 AUS Full
6 REPLIES 6
DGSketcher
Legend

AC has had a behind the scenes rewrite of the dimension tool. The answer may be dependent on which version of AC you are running. Perhaps you could add that information to your signature. If you have the latest fixes for your version (AC25/26?) this should have been fixed.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Thanks.

Unfortunately Im running the latest and am up to date

AC26 AUS Full

@Too Long wrote:

Thanks.

Unfortunately Im running the latest and am up to date

Version includes the nationality...USA, UK, GER etc...?

And, when you say 'up to date', that doesn't help us confirm anything unless you give us the build number that is reported by Archicad > About.  Most of the bug fixes are not in a standard update... but in the preview update.  Please see:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Insights/Archicad-26-Update-2-Preview/ba-p/353673

As noted there, the Preview update Build 4004 is only available for languages INT, USA, UKI, AUS, NZE, GER and AUT.  Is 4004 what you are running when you see the issue you present?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly

I have just been presented with the same issue in one of our files - and apparently has happened before.

PDF created originally was all fine.

Changes made somewhere in job - but not to windows or dimensions.

File re-published as PDF and the dimensions are now wrong.

Not every dimension .

Some have a new centre dimension, some have lost the edge dimension.

Some are fine.

We aren't changing renovation filters (we don't use them).

At this stage I am not sure if the dimension appear wrong in Archicad (when I open the file now they are fine) or if it is just a publishing thing.

I am hoping the latest build (6000) will fix this as I see there are a few dimension problems being fixed in this update.

BarryKelly_0-1664779320386.png

BarryKelly_1-1664779335405.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry, did you use auto dimension via the Annotate option or are they all manual dimensions and are they 4D windows?

I ask as Ive contacted CI and they've said that it cant be reproduced at their end and they dont have the 4D library to test with.

AC26 AUS Full

I am not 100% sure as I didn't draw the plan, but we usually dimension everything manually.

And no, they are not 4D or CI windows, but they are our own library objects.

Never had any trouble in the past though But I will check out how the GUID numbers are related to the hotspots.

I know dimension associate to the hotspots based on their GUID number, but those hotspots should not have changed as nothing was changed in the windows.

That is the trouble trying to track down the cause of the problem.

It seems we have no control to replicate the problem consistently.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!