Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Disappearing material

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I made a material from a jpeg of our company logo. I applied it to a slab and hung it on the wall. It looks great in 3d. The problem is that I can't seem to get it to render at all. Any thoughts. Thanks Doug

Edit,

In the material settings if I "Create preview" with Lightworks Rendering Engine, it shows the material that was duplicated. Still looking.

Edit,

If iI render with the internal engine it shows the logo but it is very poor quality.....

Edit,

Well I guess I posted to soon!! I just set the Method and Antialiasing both to best using the internal engine and got a pretty descent render. Kind of answered my own question but maybe this post can help someone else.
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
You'll do better using the parapicture object.
Find it in the GDL Object Depository at the bottom of the Forum Index.

01 General category.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply Dwight. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but will later. We're probably going to upgrade to AC11 soon. I used the trial version but didn't get much of a chance to work with renderings. Just as a heads up for me is there a better way in 11 or should I just stick with what you suggested? Doug
Dwight
Newcomer
"Parapicture" lets you tilt the image, "Picture 11" is always upright.

The advantage to these objects is that they precisely and reliably position the graphic.

Making a material and mapping a form with it is less so.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
"Parapicture" ALSO lets you mask the background for an irregular image.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
That's sweet Dwight!! Nice tip! Thanks