Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Disk is Full "Error code 1111" what does this mea

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I try to produce a sketch render of a scheme (typically 4 units plus) I get the following message "Disk is Full (error code 1111) can't extend temporary file"
I have tried using an alternate cache file, I have 20gb of storage space on my hard drive, I have 1.5gb of ram and I cannot find what this means from either the Graphisoft web site or microsoft and I have also tried a Google search.
If anybody knows why I'm getting this message, please let me know as it has prevented me from producing some desired images from certain projects.
Thanks
Mark
19 REPLIES 19
Scott Bulmer
Booster
What version of Windows are you using? I'm definitely not an expert but, Virtual memory settings sometimes may have an affect.
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using Windows XP home edition with sevice pack 2 installed. My system is a Rock Quadra 64 laptop, with a 3200 AMD Athlon processor, 80gb Hard drive (20gb free), 1.5gb ram and an ATI 9700 128mb graphics card.
I only expierience this problem with Archicad 9 and it only happens on larger projects.
Thanks for replying I hope this info helps.
Cheers,
Mark.
Scott Bulmer
Booster
What file size causes the trouble?
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Dwight
Newcomer
It's not the file size, it's the temporary 3D file that kills it. ArchiCAD files, containing replicated parametric GDL are much larger as 3D files than ArchiCAD files.

However, I can't imagine that anything would get as big as 20Gb.

What is allocated for the temporary file location and what other temporary allocations are fighting for that space? Like Photoshop, say?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried increasing my virtual memory with no effect and I've re-checked my available disk space and although I have a partitioned drive the C drive has 20gb free, whilst my D drive only has my operating system on it and is only 5mb in size.

I've also tried creating a seperate temp file for Archicad and set my cache files to go there, but this has no effect.

I've also performed disk clean up and defrag with no effect either.
Confused!

Cheers

Mark.
Dwight
Newcomer
If this was my problem, and it HAS happened where a file won't render for one reason or another, I'd be suspicious of a flawed element in the scheme. Turn of half of your 3D layers and see if the rendering works.
Then the other half. This is to confirm that it is a memory issue, not a file issue.
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Set your paging file size in the Windows control panel/system/advanced/performance/advanced to large value - 4GB for example.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried sketch rendering with half of my layers swithed off and then the other, one worked the other didn't however the one that worked didn't have nearly as much work to do.

Then I tried switching off trees and the site mesh, this resulted in the rendering bar getting further, but ultimately it failed only this time I got the message "error in analytic shading method error code - 108 (not enough room in heap zone) any

I had extended my virtual memory to 2gb but I will give it a go at 4gb and post my results.

Can trees and site meshes (200m x 500m in size) be to large a file to render sometimes?

cheers.

Mark.
Dwight
Newcomer
The currency is polygons, not physical dimension.

I was thinking trees as the problem..... but, NO!
Dwight Atkinson

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!