BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Drawing usage error /Layouts not printing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello all, I'm back with yet another problem

so heres the situation, just as I was finally starting to come to terms with the little bugger PlotMaker decided to make me hate it again. I've created, in total, around 12 PM books, the first 9 had no printing problems, and once I worked out all the wee kinks, everything seemed to be working fine, with the last 3 books however when I print them, I first get an error saying there is a problem with the drawings and I should check drawing usage, when I look at drawing usage however, everything says OK. when I hit OK at this error to continue printing the regular print window opens, and and theres no other errors, when I actually print the book though, all I get from my printer is 18 sheets of paper with my layout master title block and border on them... no drawings. I spoke with my local reseller about this and he was stumped as well, I've gone so far as to try deleting the drawing from the layout, and re-importing it, but still nothing... if anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

cheers,
dan
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
no ideas ?

If anyone is sitting pondering this, heres another little bit of information that narrows the problem down (me thinks) I've just noticed that if I print to the PDF converter, it works perfectly, its only when I print to my printer, but I know the problem isn't the actually printer, because all other programs print fine to it, including PlotMaker, just not with this layout book. so I have a feeling that its a problem with the layout settings....

edit: also, another thing, which I just noticed, in the particular layout book I just tried printing; 3 of the 13 sheets come from one .pln file, and 10 come from another. the 3 from the first .pln print fine, which makes me think that it could be a problem with the .pln, and not anything to do with PlotMaker.... I hope someone can help me with this, it's making me bloody crazy

cheers...
Learn and get certified!