Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Duplicating unique plans

Flynn
Participant

Hi there,

I am quite new to Archicad and have stumbled upon a small issue. How would I create duplicates of plans but have them their own unique plan and not linked to the original plan. I duplicated my ground floor plan so I can create a site plan from it, however when I draw in the roads and surrounding buildings it shows up on the original ground floor plan that I duplicated it from.

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Vinicius Guedes
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello, @Flynn 

By saving Views, you can create customize and manage information like Layers, Pens sets, etc.

In my example, I manage to hide a wall by changing its Layer and the Layer Combination on View settings.

You can learn about Views and its settings on our Reference Guide

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.01.46.pngScreen Shot 2021-09-21 at 10.01.51.png

Miha_M
Advisor

There are several ways, as always, but you should never duplicate any plans within one project. You don't want duplicated entries in schedules, do you?

Using different saved views you can have one floor plan with different scale, layer combination, penset, etc. in as many combinations as you need them to be, like @Vinicius Guedes said. 

There is one (€) official GS guide for how to create site plans, but there are also some resources on the internet, which you can go through.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11