Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Existing & Proposed ...

Eman
Contributor
Hi, Let's say I have one existing ground floor drawing and one proposed ground floor drawing and I want to put them one on each other. Usually I copy the proposed drawing and paste it on the existing drawing. But which is the best way to do it? Because if I find a mistake after copying one on each other then I have to restart again by opening the previous file to fix the mistake and then I copy and paste again and I am sure this is not the right way to do it.

Thanks in advance.
Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eman:

You should be using the Renovation Palette to assign Existing, Demo and New statuses to each element, rather than trying to maintain 2 plans. Then use the Renovation Filters to display Existing, Demo and New plans.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Eman:

You should be using the Renovation Palette to assign Existing, Demo and New statuses to each element, rather than trying to maintain 2 plans. Then use the Renovation Filters to display Existing, Demo and New plans.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Eman
Contributor
Hi David that is exactly what I wanted. Thanks very much!

Now what If I want to add more colors such as green for 'As built to sanction' and blue for 'As approved not constracted'?

Thanks in advance.
Eman / Draftsman
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
insideru
Advocate
You can't do that with the renovation filter, but you can do that with Graphic Override. Just go to property manager and add a new property, i named it renovation status. Then set data type to option set, then click options setup and add as many options as you want. Make sure your property is available to all classifications.
Then, go to Graphic Override combinations, create a new combination, let call it by the same name, Renovation Filter. Then click on edit rules. Add a new rule, let's say for the first option of the option set, As built to sanction.
Add a new criteria citing the previously created property. Check the line/Marker/Text pen and select the new color. Repeat this step for every other item in the option step, then add all of these rules to the previously created GOC.
It's kind of a tedious process, but you only need to do it once, then embed it in your template. Save views with this GO and you're all set. You can then control the color of each element by that one property.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Eman
Contributor
Hi insideru and thanks for your help. Yes at first it's a bit tedious process but then it's easy as you said. Yes that works perfect as well and then after that process I also tried with layers and it worked as well. Example I named a layer 'As built to sanction' and another 'As approved not constracted'.
Eman / Draftsman
insideru
Advocate
You're welcome. I also tried the layer technique, but i prefer to stick to layers to order elements (interior/exterior walls, slabs, etc) and limit their number as much as possible, so i don't lose time looking for the right one very time i need to select/change it. Just experiment and settle on what best suits your workflow.
ARCHICAD 27 INT
macOS Sonoma
Eman
Contributor
insideru wrote:
but i prefer to stick to layers to order elements (interior/exterior walls, slabs, etc)
Yes I agree with you.

In fact the more I try your 'property manager' technique the more I get use to it so as you suggested I will use it for 'As built to sanction' and 'As approved not constracted' and also for others.
Eman / Draftsman

Hi again,

Last time I thought that I did it or maybe now I am doing something wrong. The problem that I am having now is how to apply 'Graphic Override' only to walls, slabs and other stuff that are 'As built to sanction'. Because when I am applying the Graphic override, all stuff are changing colors not only walls that are 'As built to sanction'.

In other words I want to select 'Graphic Override' for only 'As built to sanction' walls and only those walls turn into blue and not all walls.

Eman / Draftsman

You have to set the criteria to filter for the elements you want to affect.

BarryKelly_0-1636937281403.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry Kelly thanks for your reply. Yes I changed Element type to Wall and it's OK. But how can I apply only to 1 or 2 walls instead of all walls? Because like this all walls are changing colour. 

Eman / Draftsman