BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Fly-throughs

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi,Please could someone give me the optium settings for a fly-through with 25 cameras that is file compressed for email and playback is slow enought to see in Quicktime and is of reasonable quality.Thankyou
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
It might be more fair to ask us, "How do you shove an elephant thru the eye of a needle?"

3ivx, compression and a small format (320 pixel image, 12 fps)
Size would depend on length of animation, 25 cameras!?

Visit Apple.com's Quicktime web site, download several movies, study their settings ((The Previews of new Feature Movies are fun to watch at least)) Open the info dialog, look for compression used, fps, length, size.
stefan
Expert
Render the Flythrough to an AVI or Quicktime-file using high-quality settings and little compression. Use this as the "master" to extract others from.

This high-quality file will be huge, but you can convert it (not in ArchiCAD) into other formats afterwards:

for CD-ROMS:
Quicktime using Sorenson compression
DivX-AVI-file

for SVCD/DVD:
MPEG-2 (mpg)

for internet:
Realmedia (rm)
Windows Media Files (wmv)
Quicktime using low settings

and even Flash is sometimes possible.

You have to decide if it needs to be opened on both Mac & PC's though.

I can compress video to about 1/2 MB for 1 minute of film (low-quality thumbnail-size, but usable).

---

You need software, like Premiere, Final Cut Pro/Express, Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Vegas/Screenblast MovieStudio or others.

Virtualdub is even free (PC-only).
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Learn and get certified!