BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

Hidden Line Views

Chadwick
Newcomer
Please look at the following attached image. The image on the left is a 3D Hidden Line view in Archicad w/ shadows turned on. Is there anyway to get the shadows to be filled and not just contours like the image on the right? I know it can be done in the shaded view but I'm looking for shadows on a black and white image like the one on the right. Also, is there anyway to change the shadow density in the 3D window?

Thanks in advance,
Chad
RA 2012 x64, Piranesi 6 Pro, Sketchup 8, Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel Core i7, 10GB RAM, ATI Radeon Mobile 5870
2 REPLIES 2
Dwight
Newcomer
1: Shadows in 3D window:

Save the image twice - as .2dl - with the building image separate from its shadows. This option is in the save dialog.

Merge the files back into your plan or place them into an independant detail window.

Use the separate shadow image to establish fill boundaries.
Paste the shadow fills over the building image.

2: Shadow intensity: The OpenGL view, at least, responds to sun and ambient light levels, so you can tint the shadow by using sun and ambient color and also make the shadow weaker. Have fun.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Oy vey. Here I am talking to myself:

Better to save the shadows only from the shaded view and paste them over the hidden lines view.
Dwight Atkinson
Learn and get certified!