Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Interior Design - Creating Object specific drawings (Sections/Plans)

Emre Senoglu
Expert
Hey all - I'm working on an interior renovation project right now and my final drawing set will have plans / sections as well as drawings for objects. For example I will need to show the dimensions of a lamp I've drawn laid out on a single page. Is there a way of doing this without switching to a detail or worksheet, so that the drawing is still tied to the GDL object or for another case a curtain wall?

AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk

2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru
Can you not just create a Layer Combination then use the standard plan, section and elevation tools to isolate them?

Though for things to be associated with a GDL object, the object needs to have unique Hotspots that you can link to.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Emre Senoglu
Expert
Ahhh yes exactly, layer combinations would do the trick. I'm not that experienced in GDL creation for now, so I wouldn't be able to create the hotspots, but linking the drawing to the actual objects on the plan (instead of say creating a static 2d worksheet) will be very useful for now. Thanks!
AC26 ARM // MBP M2 Max // Twinmotion | Corona | Rhino

www.senoglu.dk