BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Visualization
About built-in and 3rd party, classic and real-time rendering solutions, settings, workflows, etc.

'Lamp' material without using an actual light source

Anonymous
Not applicable
So I am trying to develop a way to cheat on our renders and keep render times down by cranking up gamma or dark/light multiplier to give good overall brightness without trying to illuminate scenes by supplying tonnes of light sources. However, it would be really good to make lights in a scene look like they're 'ON' even when they're not really. I thought I had cracked it when I read this....

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/user-interface-r...

However, seemingly duplicating the settings doesn't work and what's really baffling me is that the 'specular' layer is completely missing from surface settings in AC20? Has this option moved or been replaced by something else?
3 REPLIES 3
mikas
Expert
The Reflectance channel combines the Reflection and Specular channels of earlier versions.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I have some reading to do to understand what I ought to change to get the effect I want but hopefully that guide should do it.
mikas
Expert
Yep. Me too. I don't even pretend to understand all of this, but still, it is so exciting.
AC25, Rhino6/7+Grasshopper, TwinMotionMac Pro 6,1 E5-1650v2-3,5GHz/128GB/eGPU:6800XT/11.6.5 • HP Z4/Xeon W-2195/256GB/RX6800XT/W10ProWS
Learn and get certified!